As a parent, its important to look out for signs that your child might need to work with a speech and/or occupational therapist.
Some symptoms to pay attention to in your little one:
- Is slower to reach development milestones
- Diagnosed with a disability/disorder
- Appears clumsy/uncoordinated
- Appears to be ‘in a world of their own’
- Attachment issues
- Increased intensity/frequency of tantrums
- Challenge with daily tasks – dressing, bathing, grooming, toileting, sleeping, eating
- Academic difficulties – handwriting, spelling
- Difficulty attending/distracted
- Challenges with interacting with peers and/or adults
- Not always understood by those familiar with them
- Struggles to follow instructions
- Struggles to express themselves
- Talks little or less than peers the same age
If any of these seem familiar, the first step is to book an appointment with a GP, who will be able to refer you to a specialist like Castle Hill Speech & Occupational Therapy.
If you have any questions about the process, you can always give our reception a call! We’ll be able to walk you through the steps.